Let’s be honest, I’ll use any excuse to stock up on some new makeup. This time around, I heard about the Kylie Cosmetics lip kit restock and figured I would get a few treats to take me into the spring and summer season. Here are a few of my very favorite new items and makeup tips…
- Stock up on light and bright liquid lipsticks. If you’re a lipstick lover but haven’t tried out liquid lipsticks, I guarantee they will blow your mind. They stay on for hours (even after eating) and are completely transfer-proof. Perfect for summer activities. My favorite new colors for spring are Kylie Cosmetics in Candy K (pinky-brown nude), Anastasia Liquid Lipsticks in Crush (pinky nude) and Stripped (peachy brown nude). Candy K is always sold out so it’s best to follow along on the Kylie app for restock info. If you can’t get your hands on Candy K, don’t freak out, the Anastasia formula is super similar, non-drying and gorgeous.
- Pucker up. I’m loving the Kylie Cosmetics glosses for spring because they’re extremely pigmented and you don’t need a lipstick underneath for that full color look. My favorite color is “literally” and I also like “so cute” to dab just in the middle for an ombre lip look.
- Summerize Your Foundation. When the spring and summer months roll around, my skin tends to be a little more sun kissed (even though it’s just self tanner). And for that reason, I go up a shade with my foundation. Lately I’ve been loving the Make Up For Ever HD Stick Foundation in color Y245 paired with the Urban Decay Naked Concealer in shade fair neutral (note that this shade’s very light, but I love the highlighted look).
- Get Lashy. I love lashes more than anyone, but when I’m doing anything outdoorsy they just don’t make sense. That said, I still can’t go without mascara! My favorite combo right now is the Diorshow Lash Primer paired with the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, which also comes in waterproof. Best combo!
- Draw the Line. This doesn’t really have much to do with spring, but I just had to tell you about my favorite ColourPop lip and eyeliners, both because of the product and the price. They’re only $5 each, and they’re the absolute best for the waterline. My favorites are the nude ‘HoneyDude‘ liner for the waterline, the black ‘Swerve‘ liner for tightlining, and the ‘Lumiere‘ lip liner because it’s the perfect mauvey pink. This is the liner I used on the Miss USA stage and I’m already on my third liner!