Tomorrow afternoon I’ll be off to New York City for some exciting projects. My main reason for going is a photo shoot with photographer Fadil Berisha for my official Miss USA headshot. I’ve been given fair warning that NYC is so cold it hurts so I’m more than a little nervous about that. I’m one of those people who is always cold (I drive around Hawaii with my seat warmers on at night, no joke) so I hope I can handle it. I of course have the standard winter essentials, but to anyone with creative tips on how to dress for cold weather, let me know in the comments! In light of my NYC trip I thought I would share some of my travel musts that I couldn’t fly without…
1. Rimowa Salsa Deluxe — I worry about my bags far less when I know they’re in a hard case since I’ve had lots of things broken over the years. When Holden and I went to Paris last year we even brought back these really unique dishes that we had to have in our Rimowa luggage and none broke! Plus, these suitcases have a lock so you can close it up in your hotel room just in case.
2. Cosmetics Travel Set — I don’t think that just because you’re traveling that you have to switch up your hair and face products. I have sensitive skin, so consistency is key and this set lets me use my favorites while on the go.
3. CitySlips Travel Flats — It’s pretty much a fact that at one point during my travels I’ll complain that my feet hurt. Having roll-up flats in your purse for when your heels aren’t cutting it will seriously save you from a few hours of pain.
8. Frends x Bauble Bar Headphones — Because travel headphones can be chic too.
9. ASOS Oversized Scarf — What I love about oversized scarves is that they can double as airplane blankets and a scarf for when you get to your destination.
10. Flight 001 Travel Bags — These are perfect to keep your things organized like shoes and socks, plus a separate bag for laundry.
11. Minimergency Kit — Last but possibly the most important, an emergency kit with everything from band aids to Advil to a sewing kit.