Since I have two older sisters, my obsession with makeup started from a really young age. Add to that the fact that I get my makeup done a couple times a week for pageant appearances and modeling, I’m always trying to pick up beauty and makeup tips anywhere I can get them! I’m not a pro by any means, but just wanted to share what’s in my daily makeup rotation right now (listed from L-R). I’d love to hear your tips too, let me know your favorite products in the comments.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer — I got a sample of this recently and I immediately moved it into my daily routine. I love that it goes on smooth, and it’s the perfect shade for my light skin.
2. Kat Von D Ink Liner — Best liquid liner I’ve ever used. I’ve tried both this one and the cult-favorite tattoo liner, but I feel like this one gives me more control over my line, and a blacker black if that makes any sense.
3. Urban Decay Vice3 Palette — My mom got me this one for Christmas and while I love my Naked palettes to pieces, I like the versatility of this one because it’s the best of both worlds — pretty neutrals with pops of color when I want it.
4. NYX Eyeshadow Base — Whenever I need my makeup to stay on all day long, I prep my lids with this eyeshadow base. I recommend getting it in white so you can do a matte look (pearl makes your lids pretty glittery) and your eyeshadow will pop.
5. MAC Lipstick in Mehr — This is my go-to lip color for everyday. It’s mostly nude with a little pink. Seen in my Instagram photo below:
6. Anastasia Dipbrow — Thank you to the eyebrow gods for this amazing product! I use the soft brown color with the angled Anastasia eyebrow brush and make it darker on the ends than in the middle.
7. NYX Concealers and Foundation — This stuff is GOOD. I always recommend going two shades lighter (I use porcelain) for your highlight color under eyes, forehead, down the nose and a dot on the chin. I always use the green if I have any red spots or blemishes. For foundation, I’ve been using this HD foundation when I do my own makeup for shoots or appearances when I’ll take a lot of photos. Used in the photo I took last week, below:
8. Arbonne Makeup Primer — Arbonne is one of my pageant sponsors, so it was my first time being introduced to this line. And it was love at first application. It has the same texture as the Smashbox HD primer and makes your makeup go on silky smooth. Also used in the photo above!
9. Buxom Mascara — So the cool thing about this mascara is you can choose your applicator brush based on what look you want. I use ‘full and fabulous’ and it’s awesome.
10. Hourglass Blush and Highlighter — The blush shade I use is in ‘Dim Infusion’ and highlighter in ‘Etherial Light.’ This stuff is so good, I’ve already hit the pan on this blush after just a few months!
11. Urban Decay Loose Powder — This is a great loose powder, but I’ll be honest, I’m on the hunt for a powder I can take with me on the go for touch ups that won’t get all over my purse. Any recommendations, let me know!
12. Flutter Lashes in Kelsey — I love these lashes because I can get almost 20 uses out of them if I take care of them (cleaning the glue off, etc.). The band is a little thick, but I’ve learned to love it because that’s what makes them so durable. Favorite styles are Kelsey and Arielle. For pageants I use Kamilla, but take note that these are pretty out there for everyday use!