I’ve mentioned before that I am completely, 100% addicted to makeup and beauty products. So much so that I couldn’t even step foot in the mall during the recent Sephora VIB sale because I knew I would walk away with a crazy amount of stuff I don’t really need. However, I thought I would at least put it my love of beauty products to good use with a monthly haul post on what I bought in April. Clockwise from top left:
1. Flawless Eyeshadow Palette – When I went to Texas earlier this month I came home with a bag full of new products that I sampled during my makeup lessons and couldn’t leave without. I’m in love with this palette because the shadows are like MAC but even more pigmented so you don’t have to layer as much.
2. Biodroga – I had a facial recently and was told I had some sun damage, which immediately freaked me out so I bought the sunscreen she recommended right away. I’ve been applying daily. Since the particular sunscreen I’ve been using isn’t widely available, I also really like the Supergoop product sold at Sephora since it’s non-greasy (I hate that!).
3. Too Faced Blush – Don’t be fooled by the cute heart-shaped packaging, this blush means business. I use the shade ‘Peach Beach’ for everyday and the shimmer is noticeable but not like you just dunked your face in glitter like some I’ve used in the past!
4. Anastasia Contour Palette – This one’s a game changer! You can always tell which colors are your go-to whether you realize it or not based on how quickly you hit the pan, and I’m getting close with the ‘Banana’ shade. I wish I could buy that stuff in bulk! For my skin tone, I don’t use the darkest shade too much or it starts looking a little unnatural.
5. Flawless Vitamin lipstick + lip and lid primer – I didn’t realize all that I was missing until I started using lip and lid primer. Especially on days when I need my makeup to last morning until night, this stuff makes a world of difference.
6. NYX Butter Lipstick – When we were in Texas my mom and I may have gone a little crazy at Ulta, and we picked up a bunch of NYX lipsticks since they’re so affordable. The one pictured above is in the color ‘Pops’ and it’s the perfect shade of earthy pink that I was looking for.
7. Tarte Faux Extending Lashes – This is the next best thing you can wear without professional extensions or gluing on a pair of strip lashes. It comes with two tubes and it’s super easy to apply — curl, mascara, fibers, and a second coat of mascara. It’s not going to give you the look of wearing false lashes, but I love using it on days when I’m not going for a full glam look.
8. Arbonne Calm Travel Set – I’m leaving for Tokyo and Hong Kong in just three days so this one was a must. Because I have sensitive skin, I don’t like to change my skincare routine just because I’m traveling. I used to put my skincare in little travel sized bottles, but this is so much more convenient. The aloe in this particular product is a godsend and calms my skin right down after wearing makeup all day.
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments, and happy Thursday!