Whew, 2017 really flew by! From living out my New York City fantasies, graduating from NYU with my master’s degree, taking a dream month-long European vacation and moving across the country, I can’t even believe how incredible this past year was. And at the same time, it went by way too quickly. As many highs as there were for me, there is so much room for improvement. After taking a couple weeks to reflect on the past year (sorry for the lack of posts on here lately!), I also came across a few things in my life that I’d really like to take up a notch in 2018….so without further ado, my New Year’s resolutions for 2018 are:
- Cook and eat at least 3 home-cooked, healthy dinners per week and meal prep at least 3 home-cooked, healthy lunches per week (my job requires a few lunches and dinners out every week, so this is the amount I think I can realistically maintain throughout the year)
- Exercise at least 4 days a week with the goal of toning up and taking my energy up to a new level
- Cut out alcohol and coffee for the entire year (I don’t partake in much alcohol or coffee consumption anyway, because alcohol causes me to faint and — sometimes — results in hospital visits for me, and coffee gives me a headache, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the taste of a warm cup of coffee or want to sip a glass of champagne like my friends…so sometimes I do…and always regret it…and this year I’m cutting it out!)
- Read one new book per month
- Visit two countries I’ve never been to before
- Always be in the process of self-improvement to ensure there are no gaps between what I want to do and what I actually accomplish – in fact, I just hired a success coach to do just that!
What are your resolutions for 2018? I’d love to hear all about them in the comments!